AC or DC: Which Model Is Right for Me?
Use DC lift when following conditions exist:
- When short term power outages happen regularly
- When “brown outs” happen regularly
- When the lift is for no more than two persons in a non-commercial setting
- When the lift will not sit un-used for long periods (weeks to months)
- When the lift will be used less than 10 times an hour or 20 times a day (batteries have limitations)
Use AC lift when following conditions exist:
- When you do not have regular, short term, power outages or brown-outs
- When the lift is for more than two people, or for a commercial application such as a church or school
- When the lift will be used more than 10 times an hour or 20 times a day (batteries have limitations on the number of trips they can provide daily)
- When the lift may sit un-used for long periods, such as in a vacation, summer home or seasonal business location
- When children are either living in the home, or visit regularly that may play with the lift excessively
The Summit Lift DC Advantage
The batteries on our DC lift continually recharge regardless of its position on the track, whereas other DC lifts must be securely parked on charging pins or contacts at the top or bottom landing. If other stairway lifts stop just short of the charging pins, the batteries can lose power, rendering the lift immobile. The added protection against power outages you thought you were buying with other lifts can evaporate with one slip of the finger.